Site Meter

Thursday, February 19, 2009

New York Post Cartoon

Oh, yeah, about the cartoon with the chimp shot dead and the cop saying, "Who we gonna get next time we need a stimulus bill signed?" or some such rot:

Dumb, just dumb.....I mean, 7th grade idiot not-funny attempt at humor dumb. I decent middle school student editor would have nixed this tripe.

Best comment I heard on it was on NPR's call-in show Talk of the Nation. Someone sent in this reaction:

I don't think the lady whose face was mauled almost beyond recongnition would find it funny.
I don't think the lady whose chimp was killed would find it funny.
I don't think the thousands of people, mostly young black males, who are shot by police each year would find it funny.
And I don't think our first African American president would find it funny.

'Nuff said.

No comments: